Enriched air, also known as nitrox or EANx, contains less nitrogen than regular air. Breathing less nitrogen means you can enjoy longer dives and shorter surface intervals.
Our PADI Enriched Air Specialty course is the most popular PADI specialty divers take. Designed to teach recreational divers to use enriched air (nitrox), for fun, safe, no-stop recreational diving, addressing the use of enriched air with 22-40% oxygen, with emphasis on the enriched air of 32% & 36%.
By diving with enriched air rather than normal breathing air you can considerably extend your no-decompression limits.
Drysuit Diver Pre-Requisites
- Minimum age 12.
- Students must be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, PADI Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation.
- All participants must download and complete the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form prior to participation. Any pre-existing medical conditions highlighted on this form will require medical clearance before we can allow you to take part.
ENRICHED AIR DIVER COURSE (No Dives) - £160pp
ENRICHED AIR DIVER COURSE (With 2 Dives) - £210pp
The course fee includes main equipment hire, with dives, enriched air fills, tuition, PADI Enriched Air Diver eLearning Manual, (PADI Equivalent Air Depth Table, PADI Oxygen Exposure Table, PADI 32% EAN RDP, PADI 36% EAN RDP, with in the app), PADI Certification fee. Not entry fees to inland dive sites.
1 Day Classroom
2 Open Water Dives - 1 day at a UK inland dive site (with dives only)
How do I sign up?
- Select whether you want with no dives or with dives
- Pay your non-refundable deposit to secure your place (with dives). Balance payment is required at prior to going to open water, (with dives). (Any discounts are applied at the end of your chosen course option).
- Download, complete and email the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your order had come through we will check the calendar and advise you of our next available start date.
What will I do?
The course consists of knowledge development, practical applications and two open water dives (if opted in).
Knowledge Development is based on a self-study method, allowing you to study in your own time, at your own pace, backed up by an academic session with a PADI Instructor, to ensure full understanding of enriched air theory.
Open Water Dives - Students have the option to complete two Open Water dives to certify as a PADI Enriched Air Diver. During these dives you will analyse and record your cylinder contents, calculate your maximum depth/time limits and complete the necessary paperwork to log your enriched air dive.
When are they held?
Sessions are held at the dive shop Scuderia House, Swindon SATNAV SN2 1EG.
Now that you are able to extend your dive time, why not make the most of your additional bottom time by enrolling on our PADI Drysuit Specialty course. This will ensure that you have the adequate thermal protection needed for those longer dives.